Closing in on launching #1

Time for another update:

We have made major strides over the past few months: The foredeck and pilothouse on SeaPiper #1 have been joined to the hull, the mid cockpit deck is installed. In the pictures you can clearly see the very extensive center cockpit drainage (six oval ports on each side of the cockpit).

After placing the shaft log we installed the engine, prop shaft, rudder and steering, built and pressure tested the tanks and installed them. We have a total of six tanks on board: three water tanks (140 USG total capacity), one waste holding tank which is 32 USG and two wing fuel tanks of 135 USG each for a total of 270 USG.

There is a significant amount of plumbing going into the boat: the four watertight compartments make the boat virtually unsinkable but also mean we have four individual bilges each with a bilge pump system. There’s raw water systems for the main engine, a separate system for the genset, separate fuel systems for main engine and genset, and then our fresh water system: pressure pump, water heater, all the hot and cold lines, etc.

At the same time we have the electrical systems going in: batteries, RBS battery switches, a custom designed electrical panel, inverter/charger, interior and navigation lights, engine panel, and all operational switch gear.

And most importantly: all these systems need to be cleanly installed with good access everywhere and excellent labeling which will enable any owner to easily understand the system layout for easy troubleshooting should the need arise. We place a lot of value on this.

Pretty soon we will be able to launch #1 for its initial sea trials. Keep an eye on this news blog for updates on SeaPiper!

 

 

 

Closing in on launching #1 was last modified: August 16th, 2017 by SeaPiper